Thursday 7 July 2022

God is a Friend.

1 Samuel 18:3

‘Love as though it’s your own soul.’

Do I want to share the lyrics and sing the theme song to the Golden Girls, “Thank You for Being a Friend?” Yes, but I will share it with you later.

I really like the story of Martha and Mary especially the relationship they share with Jesus. If you remember last year Women of Faith and Hope, we did a novena to Saint Mary Magdalene and what we found was this great friendship between Jesus, Mary, and her family, Martha, and Lazarus. For me their relationship is a great example of a friendship we can have with our God. Because God is our friend, and he calls us to choose the better part which is to sit at his feet and listen to him speaking.

Do we see God as our friend?

I have taken the long way around to appreciate and accept God has my friend. Also, to recognize a great love because we can have no greater love than a friend who would lay down their life for us. Time and time again God proves his love and profound respect for us even times when we face some type of adversity, he is there for us.

What does your friendship look like with God?

Sadly, I neglect our friendship and I can make all the excuses in the world as to why, but I am not going to instead I am going to try and work hard at it. For his friendship is sweetness it’s like a fragrant oil that gladdens the heart and comforts the soul Proverbs 18:24.

Friends come and go, and I always try to pray for my friends but as I grow older, I come to understand the importance of being a friend to God. Right now, in my life that is something I am called to work on. God is our friend; I am very grateful and blessed I love him with all my heart and soul.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...