Thursday 7 July 2022

God is Wisdom


 

Wisdom is a gift, it is a quality of being wise, knowledgeable, and having understanding. God’s wisdom is perfect therefore one must only try and be perfect just as the heavenly Father is.

A few weeks ago, I was a little down, feeling lost and lonely. So, I decided to skim my fingers over the pages of my bible, and I asked God to show me the way and I stopped on Ecclesiasticus, chapter 14:20-27, 15:1-10 and 16:24.

I wanted to share it with you all because this is God’s wisdom and his wise words for me, and my hope is that you may find comfort in these words too. Whether that be today, tomorrow or it’s for another day, but God speaks to all of us we need to be opened to hear with our ears.

Ecclesiasticus, 14:20-27

‘Happy the man who mediates on wisdom, and reasons with good sense, who studies her ways in his heart, and ponders her secrets. He purses her like a hunter, and lies in wait by her path; he peeps in at her windows, and listens at her doors; he lodges close to her house, and fixes his peg in her walls; he pitches his tent at her side, and lodges in an excellent lodging; he sets his children in her shade, and camps beneath her branches; he is sheltered by her from the heat, and in her glory he makes his home.’

Ecclesiasticus, 15:1-10

‘Whoever fears the Lord will act like this, and whoever grasps the Law will obtain wisdom. She will come to meet him like a mother and receive him like a virgin bride. She will give him the bread of understanding to eat, and the water of wisdom to drink. He will lean on her and will not fall, he will rely on her and not be put to shame. She will raise him high above his neighbors, and in full assembly she will open his mouth. He will find happiness and a crown of joy; he will inherit an everlasting name. Foolish men will not gain possession of her, nor will sinful men set eyes on her. She stands remote form pride, and liars cannot call her to mind. Praise is unseemly in a sinner’s mouth, since it has not been put there by the Lord. For praise should only be uttered in wisdom, and the Lord himself then prompts it.’

Ecclesiasticus, 16:24

‘Listen to me, my son, and learn knowledge, and give your whole mind to my words.’

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...