Tuesday 19 July 2022

God is Our Father!

 

Romans 8:14-15

Everyone moved by the Spirit is a son or daughter of God. The Spirit you received is not the spirit of slaves bringing fear into your lives again; it is the spirit of sons, and it makes us cry out, ‘Abba Father!”

The spirit himself and our sprit bear united witness that we are children of God. And if we are children, we are heirs as well: heirs of God and coheirs with Christ, sharing his sufferings to share his glory.

I take this from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, (Christian Prayer, 2nd ed., P. 663). “The Lord’s Prayer”- ‘oratio Dominica- means that the prayer to our Father is taught and given to us by the Lord Jesus. The Prayer that comes to us from Jesus is truly unique: it is’ “of the Lord.”

How beautiful Women of Faith and Hope? Well considering our journey in knowing Who God is and this weekend’s Gospel reading Luke 11:1-13 where one of the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray like John taught his disciples and Jesus says,

 ‘say this when you pray:

“Father, may your name be held holy,

your kingdom come;

give us each day our daily bread,

and forgive us our sins,

for we ourselves forgive each one who is in debt to us.

And do not put us to the test.”’

 I want to take this opportunity to break down The Lord’s Prayer, “Our Father!” I love the fact that as a woman of Faith and Hope, I am, you are, we all are entrusted with a prayer so precious because it comes from our Lord Jesus Christ who is a great example and model of what prayer is and should be. The Lord’s Prayer, “Our Father,” is one I recite quite often even when I do not attend mass and one, I am teaching my children to say. For the “Our Father” belongs to each one of us even too little children because when we proclaim, “Our Father!” We are saying we belong to One Body of Christ, One Lord of all.

 I think what is emphasized in The Lord’s Prayer is “Our Father!” When I start the prayer in my mind, I do see a place, I straight away think of heaven but really, it’s more of a feeling, a presence and fullness in my heart of something magical and mysterious.  For the Father Who Art in Heaven has his attention on my needs and, on my desires and I am sorry if that sounds selfish, but I am not because when I pray the “Our Father,” I leave my individual self behind and pray for everyone in the world.

 Try to remember that Jesus died for all of us the whole world and when we start to pray, we are carrying our intentions and petitions towards God who is special and Holy, one that should be honored, respected in such a way that we invite God’s reign to be fully established here on earth. Because it is God’s desire for all of us to be saved and to know what the church teaches is true. I know that is my desire to learn and grow in knowledge, understanding and wisdom so we look to “Our Father” for he has our daily bread, our nourishment to live life to the fullest and to be good people.

For the spirit guides and leads us not into temptation but where our hearts are and usually our hearts can be pondering or contemplating all sorts of things that can sometimes weigh us down for example learning to forgive others as well as forgiving ourselves. Finally, when we pray to “Our Father” we are saying that we trust in Jesus for his love has won, his love prevails.

“So Be It.”

Amen.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...