Tuesday 4 February 2020

“Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud”


Luke 11:34

The lamp of your body is your eye. When your eye is sound, your whole body too is filled with light; but when it is diseased your body too will be all darkness.

My children and I love rainbows, the other day we watched Our Planet on Netflix and the episode we watched showed a massive cloud forming and the cloud became dark and it began to rain in the driest, hottest place in the world. After the rain, we watched as the flamingoes flew over water and we kept on watching until we saw a rainbow appearing in the water. It was mesmerizing, stunning. This week’s reading’s and gospel’s, we again look at light and darkness.  This time I couldn’t help but think of a Rainbow and how special they are, you see a rainbow can be full circles and that makes sense because I don’t know how many times I want to chase a rainbow so I can see what is at the end of one for example; a pot of gold. However, we only can see an arc formed by illuminated droplets above the ground and centered on a line from the sun. Did you know rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun? I didn’t, until my sister told me. You learn something new every day. Back to my point about light and darkness, we all have weaknesses, we have all done something wrong, we might not boast about our faults but we do have faults, yet so many of us work, volunteer our time, we outreach to the outer community, we give without wanting or needing anything back in return, and to me we are like a rainbow, even through our own darkness, our eyes reflect bright and vibrant colors in the eyes of others. “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud” We place our own cloud away to be a rainbow for someone else. We can be a rainbow of possibilities, women of faith and hope. We are going to have tears, and we will have pain and it’s going to hurt for a while, but it’s what we do while we are waiting for it all to stop because you can’t have a rainbow without any rain. Maybe it’s time to learn to dance, to be a bright halo, a heavens light, which is a mother’s smile and that is the sweetest gift anyone could receive.  I love this quote; “There is a rainbow of hope at the end of every storm.” Be a rainbow, be the light.

Genesis 9:13 I set my bow (rainbow) in the clouds and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

God Bless Always Women of Faith and Hope

Written, photo and created by My Mother Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...