Wednesday 22 January 2020

LIGHTHOUSE!


‘Jesus is gathering disciples, a following of crowds, huge crowds and we are introduced to his apostles.’

I couldn’t quite figure out what to write this week, so I read the reading and gospel again and I could imagine Jesus walking by the sea of Galilee, now maybe this day was a little overcast and rain was to be expected. On days like these, our minds can drift, our thoughts and our emotions can seem a little dark. When we feel like this, we look for hope, light and did you know, there are so many different lights in the world, different bulbs, different ways for light to be used such as; a torch, a light that you leave on out the front of your house to guide you home, salt lamp, a night light for your children or yourself to see through the night, a candle and as I was thinking of all the different types of lights that guide us and give us hope through the darkness, It was like my own personal light bulb going off in my brain and

Lighthouse!
Of course, a lighthouse, a lighthouse is a tower or other structure containing a beacon light, that warns or guides ships at sea. A beacon is a strong light that can be seen from far away and is used to help guide, ships, areophane’s but also a beacon can be someone, or something, like a community that guides and gives hope to others.

I think it’s fair to say, we all are a lighthouse, not a lifeboat, we shouldn’t want to rescue, lighthouses don’t go running around looking for boats to save. Instead we should stand there shining to help others find their way to the shore. Isaiah 58: 10-11 “Your light will rise in the darkness, and your shadows become like noon. The LORD will always guide you giving you relief in desert places.” Our Lord is our lighthouse who beckons to all, as we sail the seas of life. So, no matter how dark the event of our life may appear, God is working on it. Having faith will bring us peace during our storms. Psalm 26:1 “The Lord is my light and my help; whom shall, I fear?

Women of Faith and Hope, may we be a lighthouse who stands strong, sending out hope in the darkness, may we be a friend who reaches out a hand bringing comfort, truth and light.

“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” Author unknown
God Bless Always,
Written and created by My Mother Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...