Tuesday 26 October 2021

Unbreakable Love.


 “Love is too strong a word to say it too early, but it has too beautiful a meaning to say it too late.” Author Unknown

When I think about telling someone I love them I think back to an episode of Friends where Rachel tells Ross she loves him after he says her name in London and she realizes how stupid she sounds and ends up laughing and feeling embarrassed.

I was pulling up into the driveway on our way home from football training and my son said “Mum, do you know love is unbreakable?”  I was quite speechless, and I am sure like always I said, “ok.” Not really understanding his random knowledge about LOVE! Love, however, is discussed in the Gospel this week and we hear once again the famous commandments.

“This is the first: Listen, Israel, the Lord our God is the one Lord, and you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: You must love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.

Mark 12:28-34

The first instructions Jesus gives seems easy, piece of cake unfortunately if you are like me when things get tough or things don’t go my way I turn against him, and I find it very difficult to love him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Now, the second set of instructions Jesus gives is way too difficult and seems very impossible not really, I guess sometimes I just don’t understand some people in the way they act or behave especially if they say, ‘I Love God,’ but can be so hurtful, rejectful and exclusive.  However, it’s clear in 1 John 4:20 Anyone who says, ‘I Love God,’ and hates his brother/sister, is a liar, since a man/woman who does not love their brother or sister that he/she can see cannot love God, whom he/she has never seen.

We all have a place in the Body of Christ, and no one can ever take that away because his love for us is unbreakable. I am done trying to fight for a place and to fit in the Body of Christ, I believe in God, and I try with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength to love God and to love others as myself and I say try because it’s not easy I think it’s one of the hardest things ever. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned how I see two bodies of Christ one belonging to God and the other which is manmade and the only Body of Christ fighting for me to belong, to feel welcomed and included is the Body of Christ where Jesus is the head of the whole Church. As we read through this week’s Gospel are we ready to return the same unbreakable love especially to our neighbors even when their actions, behavior and attitudes hurt and cause one to doubt their worthiness. 

1John 4:17-19

Love will come to its perfection in us when we can face the day of Judgement without fear; because even in this world we have become as he is. In love there can be no fear, but fear is driven out by perfect love; because to fear is to expect punishment, and anyone who is afraid is still imperfect in love. We are to love, then, because he loved us first. 

Knowing love is unbreakable, I thought, you know it’s true love when it’s not breakable, love can withstand all obstacles of bad things, it’s a feeling you can’t really describe well sometimes it feels like home. When I consider my relationship with God it can seem at times one sided and it’s God fighting for me, and I take that for granted every time I choose to turn my back and walk away. Here is the thing, over time I gradually gravitate back towards God because it’s meant to be, I used to think I walked this journey alone and what I go through I go it alone but that’s not the case God walks with me; he goes through everything with me, and nothing ever tears us apart and that’s what makes me stronger his love is unbreakable nothing ever can come between the love God has for me and for you.

“A strong relationship starts with two brave people who are ready to sacrifice anything for one another.” Author Unknown.

John 15:12

LOVE ONE ANOTHER,

AS I HAVE LOVED YOU.

 

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...