Thursday 5 December 2019

St Nicholas

Sixth Day of Advent
St Nicholas
Acts 20:35 I did this to show you that this is how we must exert ourselves to support the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, who himself said, “there is more happiness in giving than in receiving.”
Today, we remember St Nicholas or as we all know him to be as Santa Claus. Santa Claus, who was Sinterklaas (St Nicholas), rode a white horse and today he rides in a magical sleigh drawn by special reindeer. St Nicholas is a patron saint of children and a magical gift bringer. He symbolizes generosity and good will. Sinterklaas is Dutch for saint Nicholas, who was a kindly bishop of 4th century Myra, which is now found in Turkey.
I did little research and I found that, The Night Before Christmas written by: Clement C. Moore, was the first introduction to Santa Claus because originally he was writing about St Nicholas (Sinterklaas.) I wanted to make sure I had my facts right and so I went to Book Face at Orion and I saw this beautiful book and noticed the clear writing on the front page saying Clement C. Moore, The Night Before Christmas or originally, A visit from St Nicholas.
Women of Faith and Hope, may we mimic his giving actions by grace, spreading, advent joy and hope.🙏🎅
May God Bless Always
Written and created by My Mother Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...