Tuesday 13 December 2022

Believer!

 

Believer!

I’m not going to break into song and start singing Believer by Imagine Dragons, or I’m a believer by the Monkees but I do believe both songs have merit. A believer must be encouraged and opened to the truth of a person, a thing, or scriptures as a revelation from God.

What makes us a believer in Jesus Christ?

Today in the Gospel, we have an example of a believer St. Joseph, an earthly Father of Jesus Christ. And we read how Joseph was a righteous man, a man of integrity, not wanting to bring disgrace to Mary.

Reading the Gospel, I can’t help but wonder how Joseph stayed so calm and grounded. Therefore, I have a question, Joseph would’ve of course been suspicious of Mary’s pregnancy and thought her to be unfaithful. I mean wouldn’t any man be suspicious of his wife’s pregnancy if it wasn’t his?

It is like Joseph is doing Mary a favor, saving her from any shame or exposing her to any capital punishment. What a man right?

Has anyone ever acted out of love for you? Is Joseph acting out of love or fear?

 We don’t know how Joseph really reacted to Mary there are so many different viewpoints, so many ways the story is told.

However, what are we willing to accept and believe?

Remember the word of God invites us into a relationship so it is our choice to accept and believe what speaks to our hearts. As we continue reading the Gospel, Joseph did accept his responsibility after an angel appeared to him in his dream and said “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because she has conceived what is in her by the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you must name him Jesus, because he is the one who is to save his people from their sins.”

Now all that was spoken to Joseph took place to fulfil the words spoken by the Lord through the prophet.

Mary will conceive and give birth to a son and both Mary and Joseph will call him Emmanuel, meaning.

‘God -is-with-us.’

Matthew 1:18-24

Now, let us step into the shoes of both Mary and Joseph because I wonder how many of us would act out love for someone we cared about? Or would we act out of fear? When Mary said yes to God, do you think she acted out of love? I believe she did, and I believe Joseph did the right thing by Mary and Jesus by accepting his responsibility as an earthly Father to Jesus Christ, Emmanuel.

We all know the expression “slept like a baby” meaning that we slept very well, especially peacefully. Although I wish I could sleep peacefully instead of being a restless sleeper. However, I do try to sleep peacefully because knowing that God-is-with-us and never far away helps me to live with peace in my heart and soul.

May, we rest in peace this week.


May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope by My Mother Rose.

Written and created by Katie Robinson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...