Thursday 9 December 2021

Blest are they who show mercy 5:7


 Who are the merciful?

“Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” We all sin and when we do, we feel remorse, guilty even ashamed. Who do we go to when we need to be forgiven? We go to God and if we can ask for forgiveness for doing something that has hurt another person, we should be able to forgive those who hurt us. I know it’s hard to forgive someone who has caused so much pain and self-doubt and forgiveness is a process it takes time to make that decision but here in this beatitude Jesus is teaching us to be merciful to those who hurt us or offend us.  

I found a prayer that I wish to share with you all and I will share the link to where I found it 10 Powerful Prayers for the Forgiveness of Others – ConnectUS (connectusfund.org)

Prayer for Forgiving Others
Jesus, Prince of Peace, I pray that You provide the strength I need to forgive those who have offended me and hurt me. It can be so easy to want them to be punished for the wrong they have done and for them to get what they deserve. But that is not Your way, Jesus. Yours is the way of forgiveness. You are slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. Even when You were nailed to the cross, you cried out for God to forgive the very people who were murdering You. Fill me with Your strength, compassion, and love, dear Jesus. Mold me in Your image. In Your merciful name, I pray. Amen.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...