Sunday 25 April 2021

'Remain in me, and I in you.'

 



John 8:58, Jesus replied: ’I tell you most solemnly, before Abraham ever was, I Am’. As well as, I am the bread of life, I am the light of the world, I am the door, I am the good shepherd, I am the resurrection and the life, I am the way, the truth, and the life, I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.

We should not live-in fear but rather live with faith, our faith will always see us through. I love the end of the movie Paul, Apostle of Christ and Paul speaks what he has written to Timothy and one of the things he says, “I have kept the faith.”

Women of Faith and Hope, there will be times when people will be afraid or will not quite believe that we too are disciples of Jesus Christ. Maybe it is the way we look, or maybe it is our past or the mistakes we have made but we must remember the words that are spoken to us and take them to heart to fight the good fight with faith and good conscience for our weapons. 1 Timothy 1:18-20 May the good Lord be with your spirit and the Grace be with you always, for we are his children, children of truth, our love is more than words rather something real and active.

I think it is clear what is expected of us in this weeks Gospel and that is to believe and love one another, if we keep his commandments and remain in him, his words will remain in us. Make your home in him, Women of Faith and Hope and he will make his home in you.

We might like to think we can do this all on our own, we cut ourselves off and we become a bare branch with nothing to show. Do not cut yourself off, or throw yourself away, but remain in me, that is what he is asking of us all to do, ‘Remain in me.’ Life is hard, and sometimes it is unbearable, we believe that nothing we ever do is good enough, we try so hard to fit in, to do what is right, to belong, to be someone we are not and if we are not like the rest, we are rejected and excluded from groups, from the community, when you return they huddle and whisper and it’s hard to avoid the stares as if you are the enemy.

If they do not see or hear the Christ who lives in you, know their hearts are still far from him, yes, their lips may honor him, but their hearts are nowhere as close as our hearts are. Remember, who you are, who you belong to and to keep your hearts, minds and spirits opened to the word of God, your faith and in no time, you will see much fruit.

‘We are to remain in Christ and Christ will remain in us.’

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

                    Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...