Monday 19 April 2021

' I am the Shepherd.'

 





“Gentle Shepherd

There’s no other we turn to who can help us face another day, Gentle Shepherd, come and lead us, for we need you to help us find our way”

Author Unknown

 

Why is it when we come close to the ultimate love in our lives, we get ready to run?

What are we afraid of?

I mean this is something we have always needed, and longed for, to be found and brought back home to live life with joy and peace in our hearts. Why do we look for it, if we are only going to stray, or wander off again?

Recently, I was reminded of the parable of the Lost Sheep Luke 15:4-7, Matthew 18:12. I have heard people say before, “your priest is your shepherd,” I do not believe this to be true, I would say though a priest is more like the hired man or the incompetent shepherd, not many would bother about the lost, look for the strays, have the time to heal the wounded, or support the weary Zechariah 11:15-17 because it wouldn’t matter how far I ran, or the distance I can sometimes create, no one would chase after me or leave the other sheep behind to come and look for me but only my true shepherd would, the good shepherd who would lay down his life for me and for you. In saying this, I think of the love God has for each one of us and that we are all his children and that is what we are, his sheep, he knows us, and we know him.

There are times in our lives when we go astray like sheep, taking on our own ways and like Jesus, he uses his own free will to lay down his life and no one can take that from him. He has the power to lay it down and power to take it up again. You see, Women of Faith and Hope, we are his sheep, we will never be lost, and no one will ever steel us for we have the power to belong, to hear his voice and to follow our Good Shepherd who gives eternal life.

A lamb at the throne became our shepherd, leading us to living water and all our tears will be wiped away. Jesus said to Peter once “feed my lambs.” We are his people, the sheep of his flock. Psalm 99:3

Ezekiel 34:15-16

I will pasture my sheep; I will show them where to rest- it is the LORD who speaks. I shall look for the lost one, bring back the stray, bandage the wounded and make the weak strong. I shall watch over the fat and healthy. I shall be a true shepherd to them.

 Luke 15:4-7, What man among you with a hundred sheep, losing one, would not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the missing one till he found it, would he not joyfully take it on his shoulders and then, when he got home, call together his friends and neighbors? “Rejoice with me,” he would say “I have found my sheep that was lost.” In the same way, I tell you, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one repentant sinner that over ninety-nine virtuous men who have no need of repentance.

Matthew 18:12-14, Tell me Suppose a man has a hundred sheep and one of them strays; will he not leave the ninety-nine that did not stray at all. Similarly, it is never the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost.

 Zechariah 11:15-17, Next, the LORD said to me, ‘Now take the gear of an incompetent shepherd. For I am now going to raise an incompetent shepherd in this country. He will not bother about the lost; he will not look for stray; he will not heal the wounded; he will not support the weary; but he will only eat the flesh of the fat beasts and tear off their hoofs. Trouble is coming to the worthless shepherd who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! May his arm wither entirely, may his eye be totally blinded?

Revelations,7:17, Because the Lamb who is at the throne will be their shepherd and will lead them to springs of living water; and God will wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Jesus said to Peter, ‘Feed my Lambs.’ John 21:15

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...