Monday 5 April 2021

Begotten!


 

Hebrews 10:23

‘Let us keep firm in the hope we profess, because the one who made the promise is faithful’.

The wind was strong not fierce but beautiful and glorious. Kind of like the disciples on the boat and Jesus saying, “Where is your faith?” God loved the world so much, that he gave us his only son and there he hangs on the cross, yet resurrected, living among us.

I get that we must forgive, because any forgiveness we hold onto will be retained but the easy part is over now, and it is time to reconcile. Always though that part is skipped over, pushed to the side and it continues. Only if I allow it to continue.

While camping for those few days, I started reading the book, The Saint Monica Club, how to wait, Hope, and pray for Your Fallen-Away Loved Ones by Maggie Green. It made me realize how easy it is to fall away from Christ. "Our hearts are restless until they rest in you" St Augustine. Proposing to talk to someone so we can reconcile, resolve any issues, is not an easy task or a successful one.

So, while I was reading the book, it dawned on me that reconciliation is available through the body and blood of Christ and that I need to take all the pain, hurt, anger and frustrations to the altar and offer it to God. ‘In Jesus, I trust’.

This weekend I feel as though we need to make a clear and strong-willed profession of faith, our profession needs to make a difference, a difference in our own lives, the lives of others and God. If we believe Jesus is the Christ, then we will be begotten, we will be brought into new life, creation, sent out to make a change in the world.

 ‘As the Father sent me,

so am I sending you’

John 20:19-31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...