Thursday 5 March 2020

A Mother is a Woman.


“The way people treat you will always be more of a reflection of themselves than of you. Be aware of this and don’t create a unique meaning of yourself based on their behavior toward you.” Author Unknown

A mother is a woman, who everyday loves her children, her partner, her family, her friends and those who come and go from her everyday life. I think of a woman like a house, a home. A home that is full of love, warmth, protection, trust. Faith and Hope are not just about Religion, we are all connected, and we are all in this together. Last year, I went to a conference and they kept saying; “We have all these crazy ideas written up on the board, you are more than welcome to come along and see all the crazy ideas we have.” So, was asking for a ‘Women’s Group,’ crazy? Apparently, because I was being too demanding, I was told No! It was not my time, and I wasn’t ready, and I got no explanation as to why? This Sunday is International Women’s Day and maybe this is the day to ‘Let it all go,’ however, I find it hard to believe it will be easy, when I see the person who said this to me, stand with Women, to say they value and appreciate Women for all they do and all they bring to the table. They say, share with us your strengths and what you can offer us over a cup of coffee but that excludes me. I thought it would be a great idea to stand around an altar with my daughter and son, to prove  a Woman’s worth, that being a Mother who is a Woman can be enough and all Women have the right to belong but I am who I am and I do not have to do that because every day, Women should be valued and appreciated for all they do, it’s not easy; do you think it’s ok to ask a Woman, when are you due? Let me answer that by saying “I am not pregnant, I cannot have any more babies, my stomach is just big, you are rude, insensitive and it is very mean.” Do you think it’s ok to stare when my son is jumping in the puddles and to huddle in a group and talk about us? Or do you think it’s ok to be bothered by my daughter’s rainbow heels? Did you not have a pair of favorite shoes that made lots of noise? Did you know that rejection, exclusion can be very hard to get over especially when it’s your own Catholic Religion? I once was oblivious to all the petty little dramas that go on. It makes me terribly upset to think I am Woman who is growing in my Christian Faith and I am only seen as a mum and nothing more but here is the thing. Being a Mother is great for I am raising my children to have Faith and Hope not just in Religion but in every day life, I am planting seeds in their life for them to be good, kind and compassionate human beings and to be honest, I know what I see, and I know what God sees. The more I share, the more opened I am, the more I hear, the more I’m doing for another Woman and that means I am serving Women every day, I serve Women in my Women of Faith and Hope Group and I am so happy and blessed for having their support and encouragement and more importantly, it is a part of who I am and what God wants and needs me to be and I love doing it. Sometimes we might constantly hear No! If you are like me and you are determined take that no and show them what you are made of. Reach out to another Woman and remind them of how much they are needed, wanted, loved, how beautiful they are, don’t be the one to allow another Woman to walk alone, remember we are all in this together. Love and unity.

Written and created by My Mother Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...