Sunday 20 November 2022

Happiness.


 

Happiness

“Happiness is a journey not a destination, work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s looking.” Author Buddha

We all want happiness, we all want our children, families, and friends to be happy.

When we feel as though we have failed in life or failed at life, ok that is a little harsh. Instead, when things aren’t going the way we want them, or it’s simply not working in our favor and when we are at our lowest all we want to do is runaway, hideaway or just be alone in silence, switching off the noise to one hectic world we all live in.

We have spoken about liberation and salvation and now that we are saved and freed how do we plan on living our lives? Do we strive for happiness? Do we wake up with a grateful heart that is thankful for everyone and everything one may have in their life? I can honestly say that I don’t always wake up like that because sometimes I dread the day I may have.

Let me go back to the word fail, I know that deep down I am not a failure. Life is hard, and if life is a journey, it is one bloody hell of a journey, please excuse my language and forgive me.

But that is what we must come to understand that happiness is a journey not a destination. It’s something we must work on and practice every day of our lives. You know, I love this time of year; I love how enthusiastic I can be when it comes to decorating the house or the amount of cooking, I do and not forgetting to mention how I love buying new outfits to wear for Christmas Eve mass and Christmas Day.

So, why am I not happy?

Nobody stops me from being happy, the only person stopping me is me.

Am I terrified?

Am I planning appropriately?

Who am I waiting on to make me happy?

This week we wait on the Lord, but I say we don’t have to wait for he already walks among us so let us rejoice and be glad for he is the one who is to come.

Matthew 11:4-6

Jesus answered, ‘Go back and tell John what you hear and see; the blind sees again, and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised to life and the Good News is proclaimed to the poor; and happy is the man who does not lose faith in me.’

So, don’t lose faith, happy are those who believe, and trust in God. Have confidence in knowing that one day we will see again, we will walk again, we will be cleansed, we will hear again, and we will be raised to life eternally with our Savior Jesus Christ.

Happiness comes in different shapes and sizes, I say to you all stay awake, be alert and appreciate the small things and be happy because God shows up when we least expect it. Never forget that God shows up and that is what makes my soul happy and complete.

Thank you, God.

John 15:11

I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope by My Mother Rose.

Written and created by Katie Robinson

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...